Saturday, August 21, 2010

Iowa State Fair

Yesterday we headed to the Iowa State Fair. Our good friends traveled from the Kansas City area to join in the fun. It was great to have John, Julia and their 3 year old girl, Natasha stay with us for a couple of nights. The weather was cool for the fair, which was wonderful and it did rain for a short amount of time, but it was better than 95 degrees and 100% humidity!!!

Here are the 3 kids at the beginning of the morning. The only food item Mike has to have every year at the fair are these giant taters! He loves them and looks forward to them every year! :) I did notice that they even have veggie corn dogs now!! I will have to try one next year!
All the kids got a chance to milk a real cow! It was pretty cool and none of them were scared at all!

Natasha, Stella and Porter in front of the BIG BOAR! This picture does not give the Big Boar justice, he is HUGE! Stella saw him and yelled "Is that a hippopotamus!!!" It was super funny!
On the Sky Glider
Self portrait of Stella and I on the Sky Glider

In front of the Butter Cow
Stella at the Little Hands On The Farm exhibit

Porter at Little Hands On The Farm

Riding tractors at the Little Hands On The Farm





When we got home from the fair it was nap time. After I put P down for his nap I kept hearing a weird noise from his room, I went to check on him and he was under his bed with his power tools and playing with his power drill!! I told him if he didn't want to nap that was fine, but we were going to have quiet time for a little bit. I went back to check on him about 10 minutes later and I found him sound asleep under his bed hugging his flash light that came with his power tools! Too cute!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

littlefamily said...

looks like the fair was a big hit! love the shot of Porter sleeping with his power tools!

Nana said...

You guys saw alot at the fair for a short time. Love the cow milking!!!

Linda Davidson said...

Looks like everyone had a fun day at the fair. The pic of Pman under the bed is a riot. I really want to go to the fair this year, it is hard getting Dad convinced

Anna Leigh said...

Great photos! The butter cow pic didn't show up on my screen:( I love the butter cow! I want to come back for the fair some year....those taters look delish, and I wanna go on the sky glider and Ye Ole Mill! :)