Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bye Bye Binkie

Porter finally got rid of his binkies yesterday!! He'll be 3 next month, so it has been long over due for sometime now, I've just been dragging my feet making him get rid of them!! We've been talking about it for a good 2 weeks now so he knew it was coming up. Here he is throwing his binkies in the trash! :) All smiles!! He did wonderful last night w/o having his binkie. I was bracing myself for the worst as he was still very attached to it! He went to bed without a peep and woke up twice but each time he just asked for a drink, never did mention his binkie! So hopefully it remains that way. He hasn't mentioned it at all today! His reward for getting rid of the binkies was a FISH!!! We went to the pet store yesterday and his only requirement was a blue fish! He picked out a blue Betta and named him "Blue Nemo", he loves Blue Nemo and is very proud of him. Blue Nemo now resides on one of his bookshelves in his room. He is wearing his bathrobe in this picture, do not ask me why?!?!? I thought he looked very "Hugh Hefner-ish"!!!
A close up of Blue Nemo.

Of course Porter could not get a fish and Stella come home empty handed! She picked out a red Betta fish and when you look closely it has purple little dots all over it, very pretty! Betta's can not live in the same bowl b/c they fight with one another, so we stopped at Goodwill and picked up another fish bowl for $1.99. I still need to get rocks for Stella's bowl, but she is thrilled with her new fish, Barney (I think this is Barney the 3rd or 4th???). Yes, she is also sporting her bathrobe!Such a studmuffin in his "Cars" bathrobe!!!!! :)

8 comments:

littlefamily said...

way to go Porter! I think he looks like Rambo in his bathrobe!! So did you really toss them in the trash? I can't believe he was that happy about throwing them away!

Kayren said...

yep, we really tossed them in the trash!! no sugar coating it around here!!! :)

Freebird.Crew said...

That last picture in the robe is hilarious! Love the new fishies!!

Linda Davidson said...

What a sad day in Porter land, giving up the binkie is really a sign of him growing up. I can not believe he is going to be 3 next month. Where has the time gone?

Nana said...

Way to go, Muffin Man!!! Love the bathrobe pics!! So funny! The fish are really attractive! I hope they don't die on you right away!

Angie Shay said...

Way to go, Porter! That was such a big step for him and it looks like he took it like a champ!

Amy Barker said...

Woo Hoo! I bet you are so happy to be able to see his sweet little smile now instead of a binkie. I'm so glad to hear it went well. That's such a terrifying thing to do.

Anna Leigh said...

Omg, that last pic of P in his robe is so, so cute!