Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Box

This morning I pulled out a big box I stored in the attic a couple years ago. I am not even kidding when I say the kids have played in it all day long!!! I got it out around 8:30, they played all day until we went to church at 4 and then we went out for dinner, got home around 7 and it is almost 9 and they are still in it.....attempting to sleep in the box!
All smiles this morning!

Going down the slide
They moved their chairs in for a bit....
Doing some reading
We ended up taping up the other end and Mike cut a door in the side with a little hole for a door knob, they loved having a working door.

Having a snack

Rex checking things out.

When I went grocery shopping, I got home and they had filled the box with tons of pillows and were playing that way. You can see Porter is upside down in this photo.

Trying to get a shot of how sweaty Porter was from playing in all the pillows!

Right before church they moved The Box to the railings to jump off into their "pillow pit", I think this was the big hit of the day! :)


Getting ready for bed in The Box.


Sleepy time, now we will see if they actually fall asleep in The Box.

4 comments:

littlefamily said...

awesome pics! The girls are sleeping in a tent tonight, must be the night be "camp". Love the pic of Porter sweaty!! Stella and Rex is cute too. great to see you tonight at RR!!

Anonymous said...

I need followers. Please follow my blog. I would appreciate it. Thanks and God bless you.

Angie Shay said...

Boxes are the best toys! It's so fun to see how creative the kids are with them!

Nana said...

I agree with Angie! Kids love boxes! So glad I got to see them play in it!! Think every pillow you own is in it!! Just wish it was a bigger box so Nana could sleep in it!