Wednesday, May 27, 2009

HUGE Milestone!!!!!!

It is a BIG day in our house today! Porter started to potty train! So far he has done really well....but we'll see what tomorrow brings. :) I don't mess around with pull-ups, I just put them right into underpants (did it this way with Stella, too) and see how it goes. I brought his little potty down to the family room this morning and put a bath towel under it. He had an accident right away, then he went on the potty. Stella and I were cheering for him SO loudly, Porter was so excited and proud of himself--it was sooooooo cute! :) He's gone 5-6 times on the potty and probably had about that many accidents as well. He's even gone on the big potty using the potty ring that we have. He also went poo-poo on the potty this morning. I was SHOCKED! It took Stella 6 weeks to do that!

Sitting on his throne

I'm so proud of me!

Little undies :)

Checking out his poo! Yes, I even took a pic of the actual poo....luckily I spared you that photo!!! :)

Such a big boy in his underpants!

8 comments:

Angie Shay said...

Way to go, Porter! That is so great, Kayren! I know you must be very proud of him!

littlefamily said...

the boy undies are too cute, boxers too! How fun! I hope he continues his grat success!!

Nana said...

Way to go, Muffin Man!!! His panties are adorable! I can't believe he went poop already. Remember how S use to go hide when she went poop?! He's doing very well for his first day! What will you do when you don't have to spend $ on diapers anymore?!

Freebird.Crew said...

He looks adorable in his underwear! That's awesome he's already pooped in it. I love your idea of putting it in the living room, too. Right now I feel like I spend 1/2 my day in the bathroom, as Filson loves to say he has to go & sit on his toilet!! Way to go Porter!!

Linda Davidson said...

That is sooooo awesome. I can not believe that he has actually done it.He has to be really excited, my boys did not even want to think about it until the were at least 3.5 years old

Lisa said...

Yeah Porter! I agree about pull-ups - total waste. That cracks me up about the picture of the poo. For his wedding someday? ha!

Amy Barker said...

Is he still doing well with the potty? I hope so! There is something to be said about having an older sibling to learn from! Great job, Porter!

Amy Barker said...

and I love the picture of his pants around his ankles:)