Thursday, January 21, 2010

Iced In

Yesterday an ice storm a large portion of Iowa, so we were iced in and had a pajama day! We started off the day painting. Stella and Porter received gift cards to Toys R Us from our neighbors for Christmas. Luckily, we went shopping the day before the storm so they had new things to play with. One of the things Stella picked out was a set of wacky paint brushes, they've had a lot of fun with them. You'll notice that Stella's hair has not been brushed, this is her crazy bedhead she wakes up with everyday---actually yesterday it was quite tame! And Porter has his jammies unzipped so that he can get to his "bee-bo"! I had to change him into other jammies so that it was easier for him to get to the potty during the day.
Stella had the most fun mixing all the paint together to make different colors--she thought that was really cool! :)

Porter is such a cheese-head at times!!! He kept wanting me to take his pic of his "smile". :)



A photo of our ice covered window facing the east.
Porter playing with his Batcave and Stella with her Littlest Pet Shop.

Watching a show. Porter loves Kai Lan for some reason! It's so funny to watch him watch that show! For dinner we had banana pancakes and to jazz them up I used my metal cookie cutters to make them into shapes. The kids actually ate them better since they were in fun shapes! :)
And just so you understand the love Porter has for his cowboy boots---notice what is next to him while he brushed his teeth before bed last night?
And I just have to add this since I did something "crafty"!! :) I made a felt flower headband and it turned out really cute! The pic of Stella above she is wearing one. I also made a green one last night and it turned out cute, too!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the headband! I noticed it in the pic before you even mentioned it you made it and was going to say how cute it was! Did you buy the flower already made? Can't believe all your ice! Looks like you guys had a fun day indoors!

Anna Leigh said...

ooops, that was from me!

Freebird.Crew said...

The headband is adorable, I would love to have one...hint, hint ; ) I think a PJ day sounds like a good plan! Can't believe all that ice on the window...crazy!

Kayren said...

Anna--I made the flower, but not the elastic headband, although that probably wouldn't be too hard to make, but I just bought a pack of them at Target.

littlefamily said...

yes, the headband is cute, I noticed it also before you mentioned it, thought it might be yours and stella was just wearing it!! love all of the pics of porter smiling! He is a ham!!

Angie Shay said...

The headband turned out very cute! You need to post instructions! Caden has the same bat cave as Porter and loves it!

Nana said...

Looks like pj day was a hit!! The pancakes look yummy!! Love, love, love the headband!!! Very clever. Felt seems to be really in right now. Love the toothbrushing/boots picture!!!