Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Icicles

Yesterday I plucked some icicles off the house for the kids to eat! :) They thought that was pretty cool. But I'm sure the neighbors had a good laugh if they were watching out their windows as I was jumping up and down in the driveway trying to get them from them eave spouts! Stella's icicle was HUGE! Porter's was smaller--but he got two of them, so he was happy. We have even bigger ones on the back of the house and they are way too high for me to reach, but Stella informed me that I could get a ladder to get them down. Hmmmm.....I'm not really *that* into getting icicles that I need to haul a ladder around the house in 10 inches of snow! :) They also wore their mittens while consuming these lovely treats so their little hands wouldn't get cold--they thought that was funny!!

Stella and her icicle.

Porter with one of his.

4 comments:

littlefamily said...

cute, the girls ate icicles today also, but I tossed them once their hands to cold. didn't think about gloves!!

Anna Leigh said...

Awww! Way more fun than drinking a glass of water! :)

Angie Shay said...

Fun idea! The smallest things are so much fun for the kids!

Nana said...

Fun idea!! And can only have a certain time of the year!! The gloves were a good idea!!