Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend


Hope everyone had a wonderful MDW. We headed to Okoboji late Friday afternoon. The kids did really well on the 3.5 hour car ride. I packed a dinner for us so we wouldn't have to stop to eat. I forgot my camera so no pics of Boji. :( Saturday was cold, but Stella and Porter had a great time playing with all the toys at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Stella doesn't remember the lake at all from last summer, she was SO excited when we got there. All she wanted to do was go swimming in the lake, which didn't happen since it is only 50 degrees right now! But she did get to go swimming in the hot tub and dip her toes in the lake. She loved her life jacket so much that she wore it around the house most of the time we were there. Too funny! We went on a boat ride on Sunday, it was gorgeous outside. Saturday afternoon Linda and I went shopping for outfits for the 40th anniversary party we are hosting (along with Mike's brothers) for Steve and Linda this summer. Mike and Steve went fishing on Sunday morning with a guide, they caught tons of fish (they threw them all back). Stella stayed at the lake, this is her first time that she has stayed over night with Grandma and Grandpa, I'm sure she is having a ball and not getting spoiled at all!!! Oh and Steve also bought a brand spanking new Jeep. It was lots of fun to take it riding around the lake. Mike, Stella and I took an hour long ride around the lake Sunday afternoon while Porter was at home napping, Stella actually fell asleep. And how can I forget--Mike and I went out on a date. Whoa! Steve and Linda stayed in with the kiddos, so we went out for dinner and drinks. Fun!
I'm putting a random pic with this post just b/c it was on my memory card! Mike must of taken this of the kids last week, Stella likes to get on pbskids.org and play computer games....Porter just likes to pound on the keyboard!

3 comments:

littlefamily said...

looks like stella knows how to run the computer and has a good grip on the mouse!! Porter will be playing games on there before you know it!! How cute, Porter looking on!!

Freebird.Crew said...

Bet you were loving date night!! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I'm sure Stella is having fun at the grandparents!

Nana said...

Thanks for the address. I haven't been on your blog forever. So fun to see all the pics!! Nice that Stella could stay at the lake and give you a little break. I hope the weather cooperates so that you can work on the swing set.