Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Weaned

Well, I'd say Porter is officially weaned. I haven't nursed him since Sunday evening (his birthday). It's gone great so far, he hasn't seemed to miss nursing. I cried the last time I nursed him. Who knew I'd turn into such a sap!! But we were down to one session a day and I was ready to be done, so here we are. :)
Cheryl (neighbor) stopped by a little bit ago to take Stella on a walk! She's so great. Stella and Porter just love her and Keith. I swept out the garage and got the planters out on the front steps and back deck. We'll go get some flowers to plant in them once Porter is up from his nap and Stella returns home from her walk.
Starting to get geared up for P's party this weekend. I feel like there's so much to do and I just wait until the last minute to do it all!! The kids and I don't have anything planned for tomorrow, so hopefully I can get a lot accomplished then. We are headed downtown to Jeff and Lucy's for dinner tonight. Stella loves going to their loft b/c you can see the train go by, she LOVES trains!
And I also want to send a shout out to my WONDERFUL mother-in-law: Happy Birthday, Linda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Freebird.Crew said...

I can only imagine how sad you are, but also know it's a relief. A big pat on the back to you, KK....nursing 2 kids to 1 year is pretty amazing!! Miss ya!

littlefamily said...

yes, congrats! You did awesome with nursing, something I never let myself enjoy!! A lot of work and true dedication!! Weather sounds good for Porter's b-day party! YEAH!!