Tuesday, August 12, 2008

10 Year Anniversary of M/D weekend

This year marked the 10th Anniversary of Mother-Daughter Weekend, a weekend where my sisters and I spend the entire weekend with our mother----and actually ENJOY IT! ha ha. Seriously, we always have a great time! This year we flew to North Carolina to meet the newest member of our family, Vada Rose, who was born June 30. (Mom had already been out there once, but Sara and I had never meet her before). She is a WONDERFUL baby! How did my sisters get these babies that sleep all the time and I get the ones who cry all the time?!!? LOL! We did a lot of shopping, chatting, and laughing! The only sad part was saying good-bye. But we'll see them again soon, next month when we all vacation to the Ozarks. Here are some photos, I feel kind of bad, I only have pictures of VADA!





Oh, I do have one photo that isn't of Vada, here is Mom hanging out Vada's cloth diapers on the clothes line. :)

5 comments:

Freebird.Crew said...

Love Vada shots!! She is so cute with her eyes open in that swing. And the hair is gorgeous!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip. Hope to see you in a couple days!

littlefamily said...

Funny to look at the pictures and know we were there less than 24 hrs ago! It was a great vacation. Wish she didn't live so far, but then we wouldn't have a vacation spot!!

Anna Leigh said...

Thanks for coming out to see us! The house is too quiet now with our guests gone. :( Love that pic of Vada in her "Sleepyhead" onesie. Her hair is hilarious!

Nana said...

Great pics, KJ!! Love the one of you holding her in the mall. Was a great time! I have the best daughters ever!!!!

Amy Barker said...

Great pics of Vada, K! It looks like you had an especially good time in NC! I bet you felt like a free woman for a few days without the little kiddos. What a treat. But I'm sure you were so excited to get back too.