Friday, August 29, 2008

My Blonde Moment (no offense to my blonde friends!)

Okay, so this morning we were leaving to run some errands. Mom spent the night with us b/c she was up here buying light fixtures, faucets, etc for their new bathrooms. So, Mom, Stella, Porter and I were leaving out the garage door to get loaded into the cars. Stella had been messing with the locks and we were locked in the house, we have dead bolt and a separate lock on the door handle. We were messing with both locks trying to get out of the house!! It took a few tries (how many people does it take to unlock a lock!?!?!) but we got out of the house. We ran our errands and mom went on her way and the kids and I came home. Porter fell asleep on the way home and we pull into the garage, I get Stella out of her car seat and go to open up the door to get into the house....it's locked. Most people would say, just use your key! Well I do not have a key to the garage door. Oh, did I mention that my cell phone battery died about 2 blocks away from my house? So Stella and I go around to all the doors and and they are all locked. Great, just great. So I head over to the neighbors and call Mike from Cheryl's phone. Yay, he's actually on his way home for lunch. In the meantime, Cheryl thinks she can pop the screen off a window and get us in, but we can't. By this time another neighbor, Sarah, comes to see what is going on. She takes my key, puts it in the front door lock and BAM! The door swings open. Hmmm, did I mention that I didn't try to unlock the front door?!?!?! So there it is, my brain has officially turned to mush. I don't think I'll live this one down for a while! And even with all of this commotion Porter stayed asleep in his car seat, bless him! :)

2 comments:

Nana said...

Only could this happen to you!! You have all the drama in this family!!! Glad you now know to try the front door!!DUH!!!!!!!

Anna Leigh said...

Whooooooops! Thanks for sharing the blonde moment!