Sunday, March 29, 2009

Milestone....*sniff, sniff*

Well, we did it! Tonight is Porter's first night in his big boy bed! He'll be 2 in May and although he was perfectly happy in his crib, we thought he was old enough to be in a bed. We received the bunk beds from Steve and Linda's neighbors from the lake. They sold their home in Johnston and had no need for the bunk beds, they were just a year or so old. He was SO excited when Mike put them together! And so was Stella, of course they both love being on the top bunk! Thankfully, Porter can't quite climb to the top by himself and Stella knows that she is not allowed on the top without me or Mike in the room....we'll see how long that lasts for! Porter did AWESOME tonight! I was expecting the worst, but he didn't make a peep. Mike put him down for bed and Mike said he was super smiley tonight before going to bed, excited to sleep in a big bed! :) I'm sure he'll be up tonight and I'm anxious to see how naps will go....but I'm hopeful. I remember crying the night we moved Stella to her big girl bed and tonight I didn't cry, things are easier the second time around. Although when I put him down for his nap in his crib today I did rock him extra long for I knew it was the last time he would sleep in his crib.

Of course he had to help daddy out!

Excited about his new pillow case! He picked his new sheet set out all on his own, of course they are covered in sports balls!!!

Checking out the top bunk.


I snuck in his room tonight after he fell asleep to snap a couple of photos of him sleeping, his back was turned from me, which was probably a good thing for the flash didn't wake him up. :)

5 comments:

littlefamily said...

he looks so EXCITED!! What big changes at your house this weekend!!!

Nana said...

Boy, you guys have been busy!! I agree, Porter is so excited about his big boy bed!!! After 4 years, no more crib!!!

Freebird.Crew said...

Love the bunk beds! Filson would be jealous of his cool ball sheets. So glad he went down easy for you! The hockey game looks fun, too. I've always wanted to go to one & watching it from a suite would be the way to go!

Anna Leigh said...

What a cute pic of Porter with his pillow!! And cute you took a shot of him sleeping! Love the bunkbed!

Linda Davidson said...

This is a huge change, it is so neat that he went down and slept all night long. Who would have thought. Things are turning around at your place, babies sleeping in their own beds and through the night.