Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School Year 2012/13

Well, summer vacation has come to an end! It flew by, but I was expecting that!! We had a great hiatus from school, but it's time for us all to get back into a routine. The kids went to Meet and Greet yesterday morning to meet their teachers, see their rooms and drop off their school supplies. They were both pumped up about school after that! :) Yay! This morning however, they weren't too excited to get up early.....I admit I did enjoy them staying up late and sleeping in (until 8:30 or 9 a lot of times!!). 
Mike bought Stella flowers and Porter balloons for a "have a fabulous 1st day of school" send off. They were both thrilled!

I didn't get them any gifts, but I did clean their clothes, help them get ready, teeth brushed, beds made, breakfast served, lunch packed, drive them to school and shower them with hugs and kisses! LOL (They still liked Mike's gifts better!)

Stella my 2nd grader! I know she'll have a great year. I LOVED 2nd grade, (well, other than being hospitalized for like 3 weeks, and missing a month of school)! My 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Hickman was probably one of my top favorites. I think Stella will love her teacher just as much.

Stella, age 7: wants to be a baby-sitter, work at the Y, or work at an Animal Shelter when she grows up. Her favorite color is "rainbow. Mom, is that a color, rainbow?" Sure it is Stella, makes perfect sense to me. :) Her favorite food is Gushers (probably b/c she never gets them!). Her 3 best friends are, Berlin, Julia S. and Annie C.

Porter was more than ready for Kindergarten! He thrives in school and has LOVED being in preschool. I think he will also have a fabulous year! :) My Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Nelson was probably my 2nd favorite next to Mrs. Hickman. I think there is just something special about a Kindergarten teacher, ya know?

Very proud of his new backpack! Porter, age 5 wants to be a Paleontologist when he grows up or work at an Animal Shelter. His favorite color is turquoise (this changes almost daily, yesterday it was yellow, maybe he should of said "rainbow", too!!). His favorite food is ice cream and his 3 best friends are Sam, Brant and Mitchell (all from preschool).


Stella  next to her locker, she shares one with Ally.

Stella and her teacher, Mrs. Berrie.

At her table spot (please stop with the pictures, mom!).

  1. Porter in front of his locker. I held it together while dropping Porter off and saying good-bye. It's so very bittersweet sending your kids to school (everyone can relate), I'm so proud of them (as all parents are!). I was fine until we were out in the parking lot and our friend Jeff was in his vehicle waiting for Lucy to get there and we were chit-chatting and then Lucy walks up and she and I immediately start crying! It was so silly. We hugged for a moment and then left, each knowing exactly what the other was feeling. LOL I was good after that. I'm excited for Porter to experience Kindergarten and have a great year! :)

Porter and his teacher, Mrs. Howard.

At his table spot.

3 comments:

littlefamily said...

love the pictures, what fun for Mike to buy them "1st day gifts". Love their wishes for the future too.

Nana said...

Loved reading your post! Stella was looking irritated with her table pic! I loved Mrs. Hickman too! Think u actually missed close to 6wks of school that spring! Interesting to read the kiddos future wishes! Know they will have a great year!

Aplus said...

so good!

paint brush

www.east-tools.com