Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Fun

We've been having a great summer break. 3 weeks from today the kids start back to school. I know it will fly by.
We've had an extremely HOT summer. If we are outside we have to be in the water, otherwise we melt. So if we aren't swimming we are finding ways to keep entertained indoors.

I took the kids to Sky Zone a couple weeks ago. It's a HUGE trampoline park. Here's Porter running out of the foam pit.

Stella in the back corner playing Dodge Ball. They both loved playing this.

Doing Spin Art.

Working hard on sticker moasics.

We went to the Beaverdale Farmers Market to get some yummy locally grown food. Of course the kids wanted Sno Cones. :)

Playing in boxes. I can't believe he fits in this!!!

Mike built a big deck a couple weeks ago. He came home like this a few days in a row. The shirt was a goner, but I did manage to get the shorts clean.  Go me!!  ha ha

Sara, Mom and I went on our annual Mother/Daughter weekend, we sure missed having Anna there! This year we traveled to Dubuque and Galena, IL. We had a great time. Here they are posing on the corner of Diagonal St! :) (Mom is in the middle of talking, go figure!)

We are fostering a cat for the next 18 months. Cosmo Vladimir Cupcake Ricklefs (try saying that 10 times fast!!) will be living with us while our good friends, the Ricklefs live in Beijing, China the next year and a half. He's such a great kitty. He and Rex have adjusted to each other pretty darn well.

Luckily our neighbors let us come over and swim as much as we want which has been fabulous this summer. We are so glad that the Little's live so much closer!! They come and swim a lot, too!! :)

Last week was VBS at the Luthern Church of Hope. I think 5000 kids attended during the two weeks they offered it. It's a great program and the kids just love it. This is just the kindergarten and preschool group. The 1st - 6 th graders are upstairs.

Had to snap a photo after leaving a playdate to what my car was reading. It actually started out at 110 degrees!

Mike and Porter taking a snooze on the couch.

I took the kids along with Hannah and Haydn out to the Animal Rescue League today to visit the animals. It was fun! Hannah wanted me to get her a dog and bring it home. Pretty sure Sara wouldn't of been too happy about that!!!

4 comments:

littlefamily said...

love all the pics! WOW, Mike sure did get dirty that day!! It has been awesome swimming so much this summer! I can't believe Porter can fit into the lego box as well!

Nana said...

I'm also shocked that P fit into the Lego box! And I didn't realize that I taught u such great laundry skills!!! Can't believe u could get those shorts clean! You've done a lot of fun activities with S & P this summer!

Freebird.Crew said...

P in the box is hilarious! I love that trampoline place, too. Great pics! S & P are at great ages, am sure you've all had a fun summer!

Linda Davidson said...

Great pictures and looks like lots of fun. I am amazed you got Mike's shorts clean?????????? I am sure the girls would love a dog. You have managed to make so many memories for the kids this summer.