Sunday, October 19, 2008

We Did It!!

Some of you may remember my moment of insanity a few months back when I signed Mike and I up for the Des Moines 1/2 Marathon. This morning was the big race and we finished!! To be honest our training hasn't been all that dedicated the past month or two!! In fact neither of us have ran for the last 2.5 weeks, but who cares now?!?!? :) My goal when I signed up in July was to finish under 2 hours 30 minutes. I finished in 2:19:55.....and of course Mike had to beat me in a time of 2:19:54----by ONE second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We decided to run together and it was definitely more fun to have someone to run with. Here are a couple of photos before the race this morning. I don't have any after photos....but I will tell you my hair looked like I belonged in an 80's hair band! No joke!! :)



8 comments:

Freebird.Crew said...

Congrats!!! I am so proud of you guys! I forgot it was happening this weekend. Hope you're celebrating tonight. Cute pic of the running lovebirds!

Amy Barker said...

YEAH! Yeah! Yeah! I'm so happy for you. Great time! Definitely beat my time this year. It's such a great accomplishment. Are you doing it again or was once enough?

littlefamily said...

Great that you ran! More than I can say for myself!!

Linda Davidson said...

YEAH, you did it. We thought of you this morning and prayer all would go well and you could finish and not get hurt. How was the weather? We are so proud of you doing this, it is an amazing accomplishment. Will you ever do it again??????????????

Nana said...

Way to go, Mikey and Kay-Kay!!! I'm so proud of you two!! Something that I'll probably not do! Get some sleep tonite!!

Anna Leigh said...

CONGRATS!!!!! You guys are inspiring!! I want to see that 80's hair band pic!

azjenn said...

Great job! You are truly an inspriation! Now you can come down and run the PF Changs 1/2 marathon with Rick Pratt. He usually comes down for that! Great job! What's next?

Angie Shay said...

Way to go, Kayren! That is such an accomplishment! Cass was at work yesterday morning at Principal and thought that all of the runners downtown were quite a sight! Congratulations!!